The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire



Hello and welcome to the Young Reader's Review! Today, I am not going to review a novel because I thought that it would be interesting for me to not only step outside of my comfort zone, but also to introduce new book genres to you guys. If you watch YouTube videos, then you are probably familiar with danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil. Well, if you have never ever heard of them in your entire life, then no matter how old you are I strongly encourage you to go immediately check out their videos because they are milk-spitting hilarious. So I am not here today to express how much I am obsessed by Dan and Phil (even though I could talk about them for hours), but I am here to review their new book that made fans go absolutely hysterical: The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire (TABINOF). I also found it nice to review this book because like you have perhaps noticed, a lot of youtubers have written books in the past three years and this one really stands out from the others. I have to admit that the name of this book is a bit daunting in the face of people who do not know Dan and Phil, but for those who do, the name could not have been better.

TABINOF, talks about Dan and Phil who are two English youtubers. This book talks about their lives in details before and after they met. I really liked it because we could see how they bonded and how both of their lives merged together. They talk about being different, going in a new school, going to college and many other things.

This book isn’t a thick book with paragraphs, but a book full of colorful illustrations like drawings, lots of pictures, collages, and there’s even a short manga with Dan and Phil manga-style near the end. This makes the book appealing and nice to look at even if you’re just flipping through the pages. There’s also a big part about their journey to Japan and during the book and their videos we can see how fascinated they are about this country. We also see conversations between Dan and Phil by text and MSN and I find that very amusing.
Well, just like the two youtubers, this book is hilarious. For example, it is really funny when they show “unsuccessful selfies” or when they show photo-shopped pictures of them as old people. Not only is it funny and original, but we learn about important moments in their lives, like when they met One Direction or when they went on BBC ONE.  We realize that we don’t think that much about what youtubers do “off camera” and here you get a closer glimpse of their lives. And the best thing is that you don’t have to be a hardcore book worm to enjoy this book (even though if you are not you are definitely doing something wrong in your life) because it is easy to understand and if you like these youtubers then you will of course adore it. Also, if you are part of a big fandom like, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Doctor who or many others, then there is a big chance that you like these youtubers because they are stuck in the fandom world too.


So you should read this book if you want to learn more about these two amazing youtubers. This book is all you could ask for: entertaining, original, funny… I had a blast reading this book because I actually learned a lot things about Dan and Phil. So now after binging on their videos, go buy this book! So that was today’s review, I hope you liked it and that I made you want to read TABINOF! Don’t forget to like and share this, it would mean a lot to me. If you are interested in more book related things, then follow me on my google plus account where I only post things about books. (• ε •)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perhaps the World Ends Here by Joy Harjo

Book vs. Movie: A Clockwork Orange

Si mis manos puideran deshojar de Federico García Lorca